About Stephanie Gurewitz
Let’s keep this simple. I’m a nice person just like you. I listen to intuitively help you figure out how to improve your situation, whatever the case may be — 100% judgment free. I work as a therapist and life coach, integrating yoga and holistic expertise to create healing.
I care for all clients of all populations, but my experience and heart most commonly attracts the LGBTQ+ community, the Latino community, immigrants/migrants, survivors of domestic violence, abuse, trauma, and sexual assault, and cancer and chronic health survivors
Areas of expertise: Stress, Anxiety, Depression, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder, Gender Issues, Anger Management, Relationship issues, Coping Skills, Spirituality, Mindfulness, Yoga, Fitness, Health and Nutrition, Latino Culture
Fluent Spanish speaker, nature seeker, traveler, yogi, meat-eater, weight-lifter, loving friend.
LCSW, Yoga Instructor, and Fruit Lover
Licensed Clinical Social Worker
- Master of Social Work, Loyola University Chicago (2011)
- I maintain a professional license in Illinois. Look me up here!
- Bachelor of Arts, Illinois State University (2007)
Spanish Major, Sociology Minor
- 40 Hour Domestic Violence and Sexual Assault Trained, Community Crisis Center, Elgin, IL (2013)
- Licensed Child Welfare Specialist, Department of Children and Family Services, IL (2007)
Yoga & Wellness
- 500 Hour Certified Yoga Instructor Advanced Teacher Trained, Asheville Yoga Center, North Carolina (2013)
- 200 Hour Ashtanga Yoga Trained, It’s Yoga Nicaragua (2013)
- Yoga for Depression Course taught at Cicero Family Services, Illinois (2014)
- Teaching Yoga in Studios, Gyms, Chiropractic Office, Business, School settings, and Behavioral Health Settings (2013 to present)
- Executive Assistant, SimplifiedFitness.io (2014-2015)